About Pests and Pest Control
What Is a Pest?
A pest is any animal or plant which has a harmful effect on humans, their food or their living conditions. Pests include animals which:
- Carry disease-causing micro-organisms and parasites, for example, mosquitoes which carry Ross River virus and Murray Valley encephalitis.
- Attack and eat vegetable and cereal crops, for example, caterpillars and grasshoppers.
- Damage stored food. For example, rats and mice may eat grain in silos, rice or biscuits in shops and homes and contaminate this food with their faeces or droppings and urine.
- Attack and eat farm and station animals. For example, feral dogs, dingoes kill or maim many sheep and goats each year; foxes will kill poultry, lambs and many species of native wildlife; and feral cats also prey on native wildlife.
- Damage clothing. Silverfish, for example, eat holes in clothes.
- Damage buildings. For example, termites can cause considerable damage to timber in buildings.
- Bite people. For example, bed bugs (so called because they often bite people in their beds) are very difficult and expensive to control. Their bites can cause great irritation to those bitten and, like mosquito bites, can become infected if scratched.
There are thousands of different kinds of pests which are harmful to humans. The great majority of these are types of insect.
What is Pest Control?
Pest control is the regulation
or management of a Species defined as a Pest, a member of the animal kingdom that impacts adversely on human activities. The human response depends on the importance of the damage done, and will range from tolerance, through deterrence and management, to attempts to completely eradicate the pest. Pest control measures may be performed as part of an integrated pest management strategy or planning for pest control.
How are the Pests harmful for humans?
- Pests are defined as any harmful, noxious or troublesome organism.
- Common pests include insects, mites, rodents, bed bugs, cockroaches, ants, termites, wood borers, lizards, etc, which wreak havoc on people, plants, animals or the entire ecology in general.
- Pests and their negative effects on people, pests are injurious to health. Pests can act as carriers for allergens which irritate people with sensitive medical conditions. Pest’s faecal dropping and shed skin can also become airborne, contaminating the air we breathe in.
- This does not even include the bacteria that can be found on pests themselves.
- Common household pests such as cockroaches, rats and mosquitoes are carriers for infectious diseases and must be exterminated lest they overrun a household.
- In particular, Cockroaches can slip through any crack in the walls, bringing with them bacteria such as salmonella and E. coli.
- Rodents, Mouse and Rats, likewise carry salmonella on their bodies, leaving a trail of contamination on every surface.
- Mosquitoes, on the other hand, carry dengue fever. As they breed in stagnant water, it is highly recommended that water containers be frequently used up and covered.
- Bed Bugs suck blood from the sleeping people, who are lying on the beds, infested by bed bugs. This can lead to many of the diseases, borne by blood circulation and blood transfusion.
- Termites and Woodborersare responsible in destroyingproperties worth billions of rupees, by destroying the entire housing infrastructure and its fixtures, with in and out of the housing infrastructure.
- Ants, Lizards and Bees or Wasps do not cause any direct damage to humans but may act as indirect nuisance value to human homes and to entire human society.
Why Pest Control is Needed?
Pest control is necessary to preserve home and working premises from the unwanted invaders. Home is the place for one to live safely, and certainly not a place for the bugs, termites, and rodents. But sometimes, due to some loopholes, pests get the golden chance to intrude in home, causing several diseases. Before the pests’ torment one, one must take the necessary measures and actions.
Pests can enter anyone’s home by tiny holes near the doors or windows, places which are otherwise unnoticed. Pests always tend to come in a gang, they don’t generally prefer solo act. So, if one sees that there is just one cockroach or any bug for that matter, then be sure that the rest of the gang members are also present nearby. There are certain chemical products available in the market, and one can remove the pests one self. But it is judicious to opt for professional pest control service.
Pest control is made up of all the methods and practices of keeping pests away. Its application goes beyond what we usually know of it in homes. It is used in agriculture and in other vital industries.
Importance of Pest Control–
“Pest Control brings Health and saves Wealth”
Beyond its use in homes, pest management is very important for us for a number of reasons. Here are some of those reasons:
- One of the most important reasons why pest control is needed is because of health. Pests can bring diseases that can be quite serious. One of the most serious epidemics, the bubonic plague which caused millions of deaths in the World in Medieval times came from rats and other rodent pests. Cockroaches and other pests can also carry germs into their body. That should be your main concern when it comes to having pests in your home.
- Pests can have an impact on production and resources. This is the main reason why pest control is vital to in agriculture and other industries. Sometimes pests can be such a huge problem that they will seriously affect the production of one industry. They can wipe out production and bring it down to zero if they are not controlled.
- Aside from the damage that they can do to resources and production, they can also cause some serious damage to existing structure and things. Sometimes the damage can be so severe that a whole structure would be rendered useless because of it, like in cases where termites have eaten away at a wooden structure.
- Then there is also the fact that pest control is needed in order to keep appearances. Whether it is a home or an office, having pests running around is never going to be a good thing. It would have to be taken care of.
Pest Control Services Inc- the renowned pest control service.
“Pest Free Premises, Trouble Free People”
Pest Control Services Inc provides best pest control services, with latest measures of pest controls services, such as bed bug treatment, cockroach control, bed bug pest control, cockroach pest control, home insect control, home pest control, spider pest control etc.
PCSI is the best pest control company in Indore and in its surrounding cities, which provides effective home termite treatment, other pre and post construction termite treatment, Ant pest control services etc, to its clients, at a very reasonable price.